Check the calendar for up to date information.
Important documents you might need!
Google Drive with music for all parts and orchestras.
Charms Office is the management system we use for communication, finances, inventory, and more. We are getting ready for a great 2020 - 2021 school year! Please update your information in your Charms account. Your updated information will help us to communicate with all of you!
How to access Charms?
You should be able to access your Charms account information by following the steps below. If you have any issues doing so, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Log on to www.charmsoffice.com, and click the “ENTER/LOG IN” link at upper right.
2. Locate the “PARENT/STUDENT/MEMBERS LOGIN” section of the web page.
3. Login to your child’s program account using the following School Code: LBJLASAOrch
4. This will bring up the main parent page. This will allow you to look at the “public” calendar for your organization, event list, handouts and other files.
5. When you enter your child’s Student ID NUMBER as a Student Area Password, another more detailed screen appears with even more options to view your student’s uniform assignments, music assignments, forms and inventory. Once you have first entered this ID number, you may create your own, unique password by clicking on the “lock” (Change Password) icon.
Most importantly, the parent page assists both you and the teacher to communicate with each other. Stay up to date on what’s going on with your student.
The primary concern of the LBJ Orchestra is and always has been its students' emotional, and physical health and wellbeing. In the midst of this coronavirus pandemic, our commitment to our students remains steadfast. The directors and the Orchestra Officers are working to ensure that every student will have a positive experience in the Orchestra program, through restructuring the curriculum to planning virtual events for the orchestra students. Additionally, we are working to develop virtual events to welcome new members into our Orchestra family and to reconnect all members during this period of physical distancing
The LBJ Orchestra will continue to provide an excellent musical education to all of our students, and the directors have been working to ensure that classes in a virtual environment will be as beneficial to students as possible. Directors have arranged to expand the orchestra’s existing chamber music program to provide supplemental resources for students, furthering their education in a more informal, intrapersonal setting. Additionally, the LBJ Orchestra will be implementing a mentorship program for incoming students to ensure that they will receive help with their orchestra music, as well as provide an upperclassman mentor who will help welcome them into the LBJ Orchestra family.
Although we are remaining physically distant, the Orchestra Officers are committed to ensuring that every member of the orchestra feels welcome and included in the program. As well as establishing the mentorship program, the Officers are planning various virtual events, such as a Movie Night and Game Night, to foster feelings of community and inclusion throughout this period. If you are interested in learning more about these and other events, please visit the calendar page or follow @lbjorchestra for updates on events.